Meeting Time: 7pm

Meeting Location: Hubbub

Requested Attendees: Peter Anderson, Ryan Collier, Odyssey Residents Association Committee

Agenda

Gate Application

  • Status of planning consultant appointment
  • Status of information gathering
  • Estimated timescales

Parking

  • Excess of cars parking around the development without tickets
  • Potential of moving parking to opposite side of road, away from apartments?
  • Visitor space location
  • Bike parking cages

Lighting

  • Numerous street lights not working
  • Tube lights outside Orion temperamental

Development Security

  • Clarification on what the porters are/aren't allowed to do

Cleaning

  • Progress update on quality of cleaning
  • Plans to increase quality of service across development
  • Bin stores resurfacing in Orion
  • How to deal with damage to the development

Gardening

  • Progress of new contractors
  • Lots of dead grass and trees
  • Progress of paving jetwashing - half finished?

Use of balconies

  • Need a consistent approach, set of guidelines that are fair and enforceable, but within lease terms
  • How to eliminate washing on balconies?

Gym

  • Update on obtaining new equipment

Other Items

  • Children playing on development - is it a problem? Consensus seems to be no...
  • Procedure for dealing with disturbances across the development
  • Buildings insurance tendering

AOB


Meeting Minutes

Present (Committee): Marc Carvell, David Stephens, Annie Walker, Tim Beerh, Helen Green, Philip Jones, Peter & June Le Page

Present (Consort): Peter Anderson, Ryan Collier

Gate Application

  • Four consultants, two came back. Tim Edens used before, other too high. Tim Edens quite slow so not moved forward with him.
    • Tower Hamlets lost original plannign documents to Odyssey in a fire. Ryan spoke to TH about 5 months ago so isnt sure docs were lost.
    • Redrow have no docs on development after two years.
    • Planning docs will show rights of way over development
    • Tower Hamlets are notoriously difficult to get gate applications through due to a decision made by someone a while back to keep "open developments on the IoD
  • Now gone to more consultants for project.
    • AFA Consultants also in the mix
  • Costs will be put through service charges, can't be taken out of funds. Expected cost £30k, approx £84 per property.
  • Awaiting budget estimate, then a letter will be sent requesting owners thoughts on gate
  • Envisage appointing consultants by end of September.
  • Found via recommendation.
  • Restaurant has no parking so no vehicle access required. Existing gate at the back of Odyssey will stay locked.
    • Freeholder is considering renting the space at the bottom of the gate to the restaurant.
    • No plans to have existing gate at the back of Orion operational.
  • Porters log every incident of anti-social behaviour.
    • Concierge encourage residents to report incidents they see via phone, email, etc.
    • Consort have written a complaint to the Police regarding responsiveness to reported problems.
    • Apparently the Police can retreive all logged incidents logged with them
    • Safer Neighbourhoods team are engaged in issues with the development, but not as much as Consort would like
  • Ryan / Peter to share proposed letter to owners before sending out
    • Residents Association to recommend proposed actions & highlight benefits

Parking

  • Parking has been flexible up to now, but now considered an issue
  • P4 Parking currently allow anyone to phone and register to park on the development for an unlimited amount of time
    • Supposed to only be for concierge, but apparently not working
  • Process is that permits are issued for two hours, cars without permits will be ticketed
    • Questions are asked when people request permits
    • No fees are paid from tickets given out
  • Enforcement company attend at their own disgression as Consort don't pay for service
    • Company turn up randomly as Consort don't pay for service
  • Potential of using spaces at the back of Orion as visitor spaces
  • Consort don't control parking spaces so unable to offer spare ones in the garage
  • No option for creating visitor spaces in car park as E&M will then want to sell them
  • People without temporary permits should be ticketed
  • Needs to be a defined process - we can then publish on wiki and publish to residents/owners.
  • Peter suggested leaving a card on cars without permit. Concierge should record numberplates to spot repeat offenders.

Bike Parking

  • Peter investigated more areas where secure bike cages could be stored.
  • Current cages full of bikes that have never moved
  • Peter to investigate a way of recording who has bikes where
  • Would people pay for a "proper" secure bike store?

Lighting

  • Timers were on the wonk for street lighting, meant that lights were on at random times. Timers replaced today.
  • Car park light timings to be investigated - manual switches.
  • Consort investigating movement sensors for car parks for other car parks, the same as Apollo.

Development Security / Antisocial behavior

  • Helen / Peter to finalise procedure for reporting antisocial behavior
    • Designed to enforce leasehold, leaseholder would be informed even if not on site
    • Calling cards to be left if people cause problems
  • Tower Hamlets apparently have a leaflet for noise pollution - should be used as a last resort
  • Question around what Consort are allowed to do with noise / antisocial behavior on site
    • Concierge should intervene unless their personal safety is considered to be at risk
  • Request for porters to be more visible
  • Request for notice to say something along the lines of "be respectful to your neighbours when leaving the building"
  • List of concierge names with photos - RA to put on wiki. Ryan / Peter to provide pics & info.

Conceirge Remit

  • There to assist
  • Basic development security - patrolling
  • Key holders
  • Peter to provide bullets on concierge role remit - RA will publish on wiki

Cleaning

  • Member of staff left via mutual consent - was the Apollo / Nova cleaner
  • Apollo and Nova share a cleaner, Orion and Galaxy share a cleaner. People seem to be happy with the Orion/Galaxy cleaner (from asking people at the meeting).
  • Seperate cleaner does gym, refuge rooms, car parks
  • Wheely bins to be installed into refuse rooms, lined with heavy duty bags that'll be replaced every day
    • Peter to provide more "rigid" cleaning plan for buildings so residents will know what should happen and when
  • Next year budget provisions have been made for a handyman, to do things like jetwashing, painting, small items of maintenance etc
  • Bin stores in Orion to be resufaced, but needs to be chased with insurers
  • Request for Consort to be informed if dogs are seen fouling the development - better to report the dog than owner as easier to describe, Consort can then approach.
  • Request for recycling bins next to each block of postboxes, like Orion already has. Peter to arrange.

Gardening

  • Paving cleaning to be completed by current part time handyman as time allows
  • Watering instructions now circulated to porters to try and resurrect grass
  • Question on how residents would get access to small garden on Claude Street
    • Turf has died in small garden, gardeners have re-seeded garden (in summer?!)
    • Maintenance plan to be defined going forward
  • Water feature not working at the front of Galaxy
    • £1500 to fill in and extend flower beds, £2500 to get pump working

Balconies

  • Lease says washing not allowed on balconies
  • BBQ issue brought up. Request for no BBQs on balconies due to health and safety and antisocial issues of smoke in flats above.
    • Can't really enforce much else
  • Painting of balconies. Peter has had a fesiblity report done to work out costs of ongoing maintenance of building.

Windows

  • Residents responsible for cleaning windows. Some windows not possible to be cleaned due to being too dangerous.
  • Difficult for Consort to manage - no provisions in lease to handle problem.
  • RA to look at ways of getting windows cleaned.
    • Peter to suggest any companies he knows

Gym

  • Equipment originally leased, now owned outright by development.
  • Equipment there considered a ticking time bomb due to age
  • Contentious issue due to some people not seeing benefit, but decent gym a good selling point of the development
  • RA would like to see proposals for a new lease of equipment
  • Dave / Tim / Marc to discuss new gym proposals with Consort

Insurance

  • Consort aware there's an issue around insurance and costs, and retendering process.
  • Letter going out next week providing some transparency around policy and choices made.
  • Insurance to go down this year across all blocks, except Orion due to £30k of claims last year.
  • Ryan to provide information to RA on policies.

Other Items

  • Request for method of checking for building damage pre/post people moving in, and reclaiming cost.
  • Request for residents to report damage issues on development
    • Publish a "you can help us" on wiki
  • RA to create "rules of the road" for the Odyssey
  • RA to knock up constitution for development
  • Question around ladder down to Thames. Consort unsure if we have duty of care on maintenance / safety of ladder.
    • Do we have duty of care to people drowning? Should there be life rings?
      • Was noted that it's likely they'd end up in the river, even if nobody was drowing
    • Can we get rid of the ladder?
  • Black gates cause excessive noise when opening / closing. Adjustments made today.
    • Long term fix is to replace ram
    • Peter to produce sign asking people not to use main gate for pedestrian access.
  • Grill in underground car park needs fixing - Peter to advise.

AOB

  • Marc thanked everyone for their efforts recently, lots of good progress over past few weeks!
  • Posters were distributed to go up in remaining buildings - Helen for Galaxy and Phil for Nova

Next Meeting

  • Tuesday 3rd September, 7pm

Action Points

Gate Application

  • Peter / Ryan to share letter to owners with RA regarding proposed actions on gate. RA to review before it's sent.
    • In response, the RA will recommend a proposed action

Parking

  • Peter to follow up with P4 Parking with regards to use of phone numbers. Supposed to be only for Concierge but apparently accepting calls from residents / anyone, which means parking control is lax.
  • Peter to provide a defined process of parking control which can then be distributed to residents and published on RA website.
  • Peter to investigate "calling cards" to be left on cars that don't have visitor permits.

Bike Parking

  • RA to generate a poll via RA website to find out if people would pay rental for better (more secure) bike parking.
  • Peter to investigate a way of recording who owns the bikes in the current cages, most haven't moved in a long time.

Development Security / Antisocial Behaviour

  • Peter / Helen to finalise the procedure for reporting antisocial behavior, to be published on RA website once complete.
  • RA requested that Consort produce a small notice by doors, something along the lines of "Please be respectful to your neighbours when you leave the building".
  • RA request that the porters make themselves more visible during the evening, rather than just sit in the office until called.
  • Peter / Ryan to produce a list of porter names / photos that can be published on the RA website.

Concierge Remit

  • Peter / Ryan to provide a bullet list of the Concierge remit

Cleaning

  • Peter to provide a "rigid" cleaning plan so that residents know what to expect, and when it should be done.
  • Peter to provide update on insurance claim regarding Orion bin store resurfacing
  • Consort request that if any residents see dogs being allowed to foul the gardens to report it to the Concierge.
  • Consort to provide recycling bins next to postboxes in all buildings, same as in Orion.
  • Peter to advise RA of any window cleaning companies he knows.

Gardening

  • Peter to provide gardening maintenance plan to RA, once defined. Will be published on RA website.

Balconies

  • Consort to enforce no BBQ usage (not storage) on balconies, based around health and safety issues, and lease clauses.
  • Peter has had a feasibility report carried out regarding ongoing maintenance of buildings. Peter to share with RA.

Gym

  • Marc / Tim / Dave to meet with Peter to discuss a plan of action.

Insurance

  • Ryan to provide information on new insurance policies to RA.

Other Items

  • RA to write up a "Constitution" for the RA members
  • RA to write up a "20 things you probably want to know the answers to" page for the development. Should cover things like "Can I do X, how can I do Y, who do I speak to for Z"
  • Peter to investigate the ladder down to the Thames - do we have duty of maintenance / care / personal injury? Ladder was in-place before development was built, but is now obviously on private land.
  • Peter to get small signs on Apollo gates - (paraphrasing) "Don't use vehicle gate for pedestrian access"
  • Helen / Phil to put up posters in Nova / Galaxy / Apollo lifts

Last revised August 07, 2013 11:01 by David Stephens