Meeting Time: 7pm
Meeting Location: Hubbub
Requested Attendees: Peter Anderson, Ryan Collier, Odyssey Residents Association Committee
- Status of planning consultant appointment
- Status of information gathering
- Estimated timescales
- Excess of cars parking around the development without tickets
- Potential of moving parking to opposite side of road, away from apartments?
- Visitor space location
- Bike parking cages
- Numerous street lights not working
- Tube lights outside Orion temperamental
- Clarification on what the porters are/aren't allowed to do
- Progress update on quality of cleaning
- Plans to increase quality of service across development
- Bin stores resurfacing in Orion
- How to deal with damage to the development
- Progress of new contractors
- Lots of dead grass and trees
- Progress of paving jetwashing - half finished?
Use of balconies
- Need a consistent approach, set of guidelines that are fair and enforceable, but within lease terms
- How to eliminate washing on balconies?
- Update on obtaining new equipment
- Children playing on development - is it a problem? Consensus seems to be no...
- Procedure for dealing with disturbances across the development
- Buildings insurance tendering
Present (Committee): Marc Carvell, David Stephens, Annie Walker, Tim Beerh, Helen Green, Philip Jones, Peter & June Le Page
Present (Consort): Peter Anderson, Ryan Collier
- Four consultants, two came back. Tim Edens used before, other too high. Tim Edens quite slow so not moved forward with him.
- Tower Hamlets lost original plannign documents to Odyssey in a fire. Ryan spoke to TH about 5 months ago so isnt sure docs were lost.
- Redrow have no docs on development after two years.
- Planning docs will show rights of way over development
- Tower Hamlets are notoriously difficult to get gate applications through due to a decision made by someone a while back to keep "open developments on the IoD
- Now gone to more consultants for project.
- AFA Consultants also in the mix
- Costs will be put through service charges, can't be taken out of funds. Expected cost £30k, approx £84 per property.
- Awaiting budget estimate, then a letter will be sent requesting owners thoughts on gate
- Envisage appointing consultants by end of September.
- Found via recommendation.
- Restaurant has no parking so no vehicle access required. Existing gate at the back of Odyssey will stay locked.
- Freeholder is considering renting the space at the bottom of the gate to the restaurant.
- No plans to have existing gate at the back of Orion operational.
- Porters log every incident of anti-social behaviour.
- Concierge encourage residents to report incidents they see via phone, email, etc.
- Consort have written a complaint to the Police regarding responsiveness to reported problems.
- Apparently the Police can retreive all logged incidents logged with them
- Safer Neighbourhoods team are engaged in issues with the development, but not as much as Consort would like
- Ryan / Peter to share proposed letter to owners before sending out
- Residents Association to recommend proposed actions & highlight benefits
- Parking has been flexible up to now, but now considered an issue
- P4 Parking currently allow anyone to phone and register to park on the development for an unlimited amount of time
- Supposed to only be for concierge, but apparently not working
- Process is that permits are issued for two hours, cars without permits will be ticketed
- Questions are asked when people request permits
- No fees are paid from tickets given out
- Enforcement company attend at their own disgression as Consort don't pay for service
- Company turn up randomly as Consort don't pay for service
- Potential of using spaces at the back of Orion as visitor spaces
- Consort don't control parking spaces so unable to offer spare ones in the garage
- No option for creating visitor spaces in car park as E&M will then want to sell them
- People without temporary permits should be ticketed
- Needs to be a defined process - we can then publish on wiki and publish to residents/owners.
- Peter suggested leaving a card on cars without permit. Concierge should record numberplates to spot repeat offenders.
- Peter investigated more areas where secure bike cages could be stored.
- Current cages full of bikes that have never moved
- Peter to investigate a way of recording who has bikes where
- Would people pay for a "proper" secure bike store?
- Timers were on the wonk for street lighting, meant that lights were on at random times. Timers replaced today.
- Car park light timings to be investigated - manual switches.
- Consort investigating movement sensors for car parks for other car parks, the same as Apollo.
Development Security / Antisocial behavior
- Helen / Peter to finalise procedure for reporting antisocial behavior
- Designed to enforce leasehold, leaseholder would be informed even if not on site
- Calling cards to be left if people cause problems
- Tower Hamlets apparently have a leaflet for noise pollution - should be used as a last resort
- Question around what Consort are allowed to do with noise / antisocial behavior on site
- Concierge should intervene unless their personal safety is considered to be at risk
- Request for porters to be more visible
- Request for notice to say something along the lines of "be respectful to your neighbours when leaving the building"
- List of concierge names with photos - RA to put on wiki. Ryan / Peter to provide pics & info.
- There to assist
- Basic development security - patrolling
- Key holders
- Peter to provide bullets on concierge role remit - RA will publish on wiki
- Member of staff left via mutual consent - was the Apollo / Nova cleaner
- Apollo and Nova share a cleaner, Orion and Galaxy share a cleaner. People seem to be happy with the Orion/Galaxy cleaner (from asking people at the meeting).
- Seperate cleaner does gym, refuge rooms, car parks
- Wheely bins to be installed into refuse rooms, lined with heavy duty bags that'll be replaced every day
- Peter to provide more "rigid" cleaning plan for buildings so residents will know what should happen and when
- Next year budget provisions have been made for a handyman, to do things like jetwashing, painting, small items of maintenance etc
- Bin stores in Orion to be resufaced, but needs to be chased with insurers
- Request for Consort to be informed if dogs are seen fouling the development - better to report the dog than owner as easier to describe, Consort can then approach.
- Request for recycling bins next to each block of postboxes, like Orion already has. Peter to arrange.
- Paving cleaning to be completed by current part time handyman as time allows
- Watering instructions now circulated to porters to try and resurrect grass
- Question on how residents would get access to small garden on Claude Street
- Turf has died in small garden, gardeners have re-seeded garden (in summer?!)
- Maintenance plan to be defined going forward
- Water feature not working at the front of Galaxy
- £1500 to fill in and extend flower beds, £2500 to get pump working
- Lease says washing not allowed on balconies
- BBQ issue brought up. Request for no BBQs on balconies due to health and safety and antisocial issues of smoke in flats above.
- Can't really enforce much else
- Painting of balconies. Peter has had a fesiblity report done to work out costs of ongoing maintenance of building.
- Residents responsible for cleaning windows. Some windows not possible to be cleaned due to being too dangerous.
- Difficult for Consort to manage - no provisions in lease to handle problem.
- RA to look at ways of getting windows cleaned.
- Peter to suggest any companies he knows
- Equipment originally leased, now owned outright by development.
- Equipment there considered a ticking time bomb due to age
- Contentious issue due to some people not seeing benefit, but decent gym a good selling point of the development
- RA would like to see proposals for a new lease of equipment
- Dave / Tim / Marc to discuss new gym proposals with Consort
- Consort aware there's an issue around insurance and costs, and retendering process.
- Letter going out next week providing some transparency around policy and choices made.
- Insurance to go down this year across all blocks, except Orion due to £30k of claims last year.
- Ryan to provide information to RA on policies.
- Request for method of checking for building damage pre/post people moving in, and reclaiming cost.
- Request for residents to report damage issues on development
- Publish a "you can help us" on wiki
- RA to create "rules of the road" for the Odyssey
- RA to knock up constitution for development
- Question around ladder down to Thames. Consort unsure if we have duty of care on maintenance / safety of ladder.
- Do we have duty of care to people drowning? Should there be life rings?
- Was noted that it's likely they'd end up in the river, even if nobody was drowing
- Can we get rid of the ladder?
- Black gates cause excessive noise when opening / closing. Adjustments made today.
- Long term fix is to replace ram
- Peter to produce sign asking people not to use main gate for pedestrian access.
- Grill in underground car park needs fixing - Peter to advise.
- Marc thanked everyone for their efforts recently, lots of good progress over past few weeks!
- Posters were distributed to go up in remaining buildings - Helen for Galaxy and Phil for Nova
- Tuesday 3rd September, 7pm
- Peter / Ryan to share letter to owners with RA regarding proposed actions on gate. RA to review before it's sent.
- In response, the RA will recommend a proposed action
- Peter to follow up with P4 Parking with regards to use of phone numbers. Supposed to be only for Concierge but apparently accepting calls from residents / anyone, which means parking control is lax.
- Peter to provide a defined process of parking control which can then be distributed to residents and published on RA website.
- Peter to investigate "calling cards" to be left on cars that don't have visitor permits.
- RA to generate a poll via RA website to find out if people would pay rental for better (more secure) bike parking.
- Peter to investigate a way of recording who owns the bikes in the current cages, most haven't moved in a long time.
Development Security / Antisocial Behaviour
- Peter / Helen to finalise the procedure for reporting antisocial behavior, to be published on RA website once complete.
- RA requested that Consort produce a small notice by doors, something along the lines of "Please be respectful to your neighbours when you leave the building".
- RA request that the porters make themselves more visible during the evening, rather than just sit in the office until called.
- Peter / Ryan to produce a list of porter names / photos that can be published on the RA website.
- Peter / Ryan to provide a bullet list of the Concierge remit
- Peter to provide a "rigid" cleaning plan so that residents know what to expect, and when it should be done.
- Peter to provide update on insurance claim regarding Orion bin store resurfacing
- Consort request that if any residents see dogs being allowed to foul the gardens to report it to the Concierge.
- Consort to provide recycling bins next to postboxes in all buildings, same as in Orion.
- Peter to advise RA of any window cleaning companies he knows.
- Peter to provide gardening maintenance plan to RA, once defined. Will be published on RA website.
- Consort to enforce no BBQ usage (not storage) on balconies, based around health and safety issues, and lease clauses.
- Peter has had a feasibility report carried out regarding ongoing maintenance of buildings. Peter to share with RA.
- Marc / Tim / Dave to meet with Peter to discuss a plan of action.
- Ryan to provide information on new insurance policies to RA.
- RA to write up a "Constitution" for the RA members
- RA to write up a "20 things you probably want to know the answers to" page for the development. Should cover things like "Can I do X, how can I do Y, who do I speak to for Z"
- Peter to investigate the ladder down to the Thames - do we have duty of maintenance / care / personal injury? Ladder was in-place before development was built, but is now obviously on private land.
- Peter to get small signs on Apollo gates - (paraphrasing) "Don't use vehicle gate for pedestrian access"
- Helen / Phil to put up posters in Nova / Galaxy / Apollo lifts
Last revised August 07, 2013 11:01 by David Stephens